Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The 2018 Bead Peeps Swap-n-Hop Challenge!

The 4th  Bead Peeps Swap-n-Hop  Challenge 



My wonderful partner- Deborah Apodaca
  
     I love challenges! Since I participated in the 1st Bead Peeps Swap N Hop challenge, I have been totally hooked.  They are so much fun.  There are so many wonderful facets to participation and one of the best is meeting new friends  and getting to know other crafters that share similar interests. This year my partner is the charming Deborah Apodaca from Florida. Not only is she a beader, but she also makes the most amazing dolls, does wire wrapping, pearl knotting, chainmaille, Vikings Knit, Kumihimo, silversmithing, coppersmithing, fused glass and enameling, the list is endless...
     I have had her page on my list of favorites since I came to know about her, and  now n then I see her beautiful new posts roll across my computer screen, and am awed every time.Didnt know how I could put all that she’s made in a single post.So  I looked back through her previous posts  and pulled off these gorgeous photos.  These are by far my favorites  


Viking Knit class Deborah taught in Feb 2017


custom wine bottle serving trays


metal work bracelet



seed bead weaving



chain maille




watercolors on enamel


Etching and Air Chasing.


At the St Lucie County Rock & Gem 39th Annual Show at the Martin County Fairgrounds in Stuart, Florida

Torch fired jewellery
Deborah with her Art Doll
Thank you so much Deborah, for taking the time to answer all my questions. You make absolutely stunning jewellery and dolls, and I feel so lucky to have met you through this event. And of course a big thank you to Linda Anderson too for hosting this challenge. 


Here are the links to Deborah’s blog






Since the reveal is still a few days away, I am not going to show what she sent me, and keep it as a surprise, but I think this years goodies, are unique so I think I am going to come up with a good collection. Do drop by on the 7th April to see what I have made from the lovely goodies Deborah has sent me.


Happy beading friends, till we meet again!


             

4 comments:

  1. nice to see that you are blogging after a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, have been a bit lazy Divya. Accessing fb only through phone, or beading. 😂

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful introduction! I am so happy that we were paired for this Swap as I have met another forever friend! You gave me back my art and I will never forget that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share the same feelings Deborah. Happy to have met you too through this Swap and some of your enthusiasm has already rubbed off on me. Busy putting up a collection from the wonderful goodies you have sent me 😊

      Delete

you may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...